Why We're Choosing Natural Ingredients For Our Pet Products
Why Natural Ingredients?
Just as you wouldn't use harsh chemicals on a newborn baby, you should also avoid chemical-based pet care products on your fur babies. As part of the family, keeping them away from chemicals and toxins will help them live a longer happier life. Did you know that the grooming products you apply to your pet’s coat and paws can also be absorbed into their blood stream through their skin and breathing into their lungs? Let’s look at the importance of choosing the right ingredients in grooming products for a healthy pet.
5 HARMFUL INGREDIENTS YOU SHOULD AVOID
These are widely used in common human and pet shampoos as surfactants and create a rich lather that many people associate with efficacy. However, these ingredients are harsh on the skin and coat and are believed to be absorbed into the internal organs where they tend to stay for up to one week.
- Artificial fragrances & phthalates
These are often petroleum based and are used because they are cheap and plentiful. Phthalates are known to be hormone disruptors that can lead to reproductive cancers in pets and humans.
- Artificial dyes or colorants
These dyes are made from cheap ingredients that can be made from coal tar, and may contain heavy metal salts such as arsenic and lead. They can also irritate and inflame the skin and cause allergies and breakouts, including hot spots.
Parabens penetrate the skin and cause certain cancer, tumor and reproductive issues. Parabens are also bad for the environment.
- Mineral oils
Mineral oil is petroleum-based and can clog pores and inhibit skin respiration. It also interferes with the ability of your pet's skin to produce their own natural oils.
What are the main benefits your beloved fur baby will experience after using natural pet care products?
- Fewer allergies and adverse reactions
- Better immune system
- Healthier skin and coat
- Longer lifespan
- Faster healing
- Doesn’t cause cancer
- Reduced risk of skin irritation
And we can’t forget the positive environmental impact using natural products is for our oceans, rivers and soil. Not to mention, your fur babies interacting with your children and avoiding those toxins close to your family.
ONLY NATURAL INGREDIENTS in LOMI products
Here are some wonderful natural alternatives from herbs and plants to help you care for your pet safely and keep them naturally healthy.
- Coconut oil: Improves overall skin health for dogs, and clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis and itchy skin
- Green tea extracts: Has a relevant chemo preventive effect against the formation of every cancer stage and may be useful against inflammatory responses associated with skin exposure to tumors chemical promoters, as well as solar radiation.
- Chamomile: Helps calm down inflamed and irritated skin
- Oatmeal: Softens and cleans your pet's hair and skin. Because oatmeal helps relieve itching, soothes irritation, minimizes inflammation, and moisturizes the skin, it is the best ingredient in pet shampoo.
- Honey: Has antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties that help speed up healing and will make the fur soft & shiny.
- Aloe Vera: Soothes irritated skin, calms inflammation and cleanse skin.
- Vitamin E: Helps with skin problems like allergic skin disease, dry skin, itchy skin, ear problems, and irritation from skin mites.
- Jojoba oil: Improves the skin barrier. It has antimicrobial properties that help prevent bacteria from taking over your pet’s skin.
About the Founders
LOMI was founded by two Swedish pet owners, Milou Kruger and Elsa Medin. Milou adopted a French bulldog with skin problems. She searched the market but could not find any suitable natural products for her dog. Together with Elsa, they founded LOMI.
Their goal is to introduce LOMI products as a natural and eco-friendly alternative to synthetic products. After extensive research, they have carefully selected natural ingredients with the highest quality to make your pets fur healthy and shiny. Our mission is to make your pets live a longer and healthier life while also reduce our carbon pawprints on this planet.
Shop LOMI Care at www.lomicare.se
Facebook: LOMI Pet Care